POST TITLE: Canteen Supervisor - temporary placement
LOCATION: Banbridge Co.Down
HOURS OF WORK: 30 Hours per week
To be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of a large scale catering service.
Team participation is essential to provide an efficient, hygienic service, to achieve customer satisfaction and to promote sales.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- SERVICE DELIVERY/ OPERATIONAL ISSUES
- Skilled cooking activities connected with the full range of meals (for example: food preparation, design of menus, portion control, adherence to school meals nutritional standards guidance, the provision of special dietary meals and function catering, where appropriate)
- Organisation and supervision of food service.
- Ensure that general kitchen duties are carried out.
- Ensure kitchen and dining area meet current standards of food safety legislation.
- Ensure all catering practice complies with appropriate Health & Safety legislation.
- Responsible for the security of the kitchen and its surrounds.
- Ensure effective communication links with the Bursar on all aspects of service delivery.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels through regular staff meetings.
- HUMAN RESOURCES
- Supervision and direction of other employees including allocation of duties, work rotas and training.
- To actively participate in the implementation of all policies relating to staff issues.
- Clerical duties associated with the efficient running of the kitchen, including cash handling.
- Responsible for managing all resources to include food, labour, overheads and equipment.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All duties must be carried out to comply with all necessary administration must be completed as required.
- All duties will be carried out in the working conditions normally inherent in the job.
- Duties will be carried out for jobs up to and including those in the same grade, provided such duties are within the competence of the employee.
If you are interested and available for immediate start in this temporary position, please submit your cv to email@example.com by Monday 28th August. CV's submitted after this date will not be accepted.