CHEF DE PARTIE, LIMAVADY, £8.49 PER HOUR
We are working exclusively with one of the North West's finest Hotel businesses to recruit a qualified and passionate Chef de Partie. The role is a busy and challenging one but is a great opportunity to work with some top chefs and develop your personal skills in a professional kitchen.
- Ensure the highest food quality appropriate to the market by assisting the Executive Chef in all areas of kitchen operations
- Adheres to standards of food quality, preparation, recipes and presentation
- Ensures proper staffing and adequate supplies for all stations
- Must be able to run all sections of the kitchen in absence of Sous Chef/Junior Sous Chef.
- Supervises the proper set-up of each item on menus and ensures their readiness
- Oversees the seasonings, portions and appearance of food service in the operation
- Stores unused food properly to minimise waste and maximise quality
- Works closely with chefs to ensure correct preparation and delivery times are kept and food quality is maintained
- Assures proper safety, hygiene and sanitation practices are followed
- Assists Executive Head Chef in checking and ordering fresh products and dry storage items requires by kitchen
- Encourages increased communication between kitchen production and service staff
- Ensures readiness and makes priorities in case of last minute changes to reservation
- Confers closely and regularly with the Executive Head Chef and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of his or her position, in order to be ready to fill in whenever required
- Keeps all temperature records up to date.
- Ensures that a portion from function main course is kept for freezing
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar position
- Previous experience in a hotel environment with banqueting of 250+ covers
- NVQ Level 1 & Level 2 Food Preparation or equivalent
- Level 1 & Level 2 Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Be able to menu plan
- Ability to supervise staff in a competent manner
- Be able to produce good quality cuisine without close supervision
- Be able to work and support Executive Head Chef/Sous Chef
- Must be highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
Due to the nature of the Hotel industry, you must be flexible and available to work shifts from Monday to Sunday to suit hotel requirements.
This is a full time, permanent position with offers a competitive salary.
Please contact Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 for more information or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.