Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Chef Supervisors on a Temporary basis.
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £7.30 p/h
13+ weeks £8.57 p/h
Location: Titanic Quarter, Belfast
Hours: 36 hours per week Monday-Friday
- Previous experience in a contract catering environment (education or business industry contract) or high volume retail catering environment would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of menu and recipe production to achieve margins
- Demonstrable experience of stock ordering process and understanding of financial controls associated with kitchen management
- Experience of supervising a team to deliver a high quality, efficient and safe service
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures and legislation in a relevant environment (including COSHH)
- Knowledge of HACCP and Safe Catering Plan
- Be IT literate
- Apply skilled cooking activities in the production of the full menu range across the various commercial food locations throughout the College.
- Ordering of food supplies and catering associated materials and menu planning via Kitman in accordance with Stock Ordering Policy & Procedure.
- Management of food production, portion & waste controls to achieve budget/targets.
- Support in the development of a retail catering offer to exceed customer expectation and increase sales through delivery of high quality food and beverages, presentation, merchandising and value for money.
- Liaise with Commercial and Events team and clients to supply a consistently high standard hospitality service to both internal and external clients.
- Monitor, review and implement cleaning schedule and standards to deliver a high standard of cleanliness and a safe working environment.
- Co ordinate efficient and productive staff utilisation for all commercial catering activities to agreed schedule and budget.
- To ensure that systems and documentation are in place to uphold Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations at all times.
- Ensure that all provisions and equipment in catering production areas are kept secure and accessible to those staff who need to use them.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**Please note this position will close Wednesday 20th September at 12 Noon**