Temporary Civil Engineering Officer required for a local government organisation base in Belfast
Duration: Up to 3 months
Pay Rate: £14.47 per hour
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Mon-Fri office hours
- Assist with and contribute to, in liaison with the Senior Civil Engineering Officer and Landscape Planning and Development Manager and as agreed and prioritised by the Department's Land and Capital Programme, an annual programme of project work involving civil engineering and to help prioritise, timetable and cost work for approval.
- Assist with the supervision of the annual small works civil engineering tender so as to ensure that all work is completed to agreed quality, time and budget targets.
- Provide specialist civil engineering knowledge and advice to other council sections and departments and to contribute to corporate working groups as required.
- Assist with the preparation and supervision of the annual bitumen macadam contract and small civil engineering contract.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of a parks pathways, roadways and hard surfaces inspection system, including DDA implementation.
- Prepare payment certificates for projects and assist with the execution of the monetary control.
- Participate in playground construction projects, including surveying, preparation of tender documents and supervision of the work.
- Carry out land surveys as directed and prepare associated drawings.
- Update computer record drawings, the Register of Change and other documentation as appropriate.
- Prepare technical reports and record and analyse information on computer based systems as required.
- Liaise with the legal Services Department and appear in court as expert witness when required.
- Act as Resident Engineer/ Clerk of Works on the unit's contract and those of external consultants.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
If you are interested in this role please upload your CV to the link.