Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Learning Support Assistant to start ASAP until June 2018.
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £7.20/£7.50ph
13+ weeks £8.50ph
Hours: Various Hours Monday - Friday, between 8 hours per week to 24 hours per week
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent.
- Have experience of working with students with severe and moderate learning difficulties in an educational setting
- Be competent in the use of a computer to produce worksheets, photographs etc
- Proven track record in working as part of a team
Knowledge of the following areas
- Broad knowledge and understanding of adult status and inclusion
- Demonstrate sensitivity towards feelings of others especially in personal care situations
- To provide classroom support for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- To provide for the personal care needs of students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- To provide support to students on work placement
- To provide support on transport to and from College and between sites
- To support tutors in the administration function and daily classroom activities
- To liaise with parents/carers/guardians when directed to do so
- To supervise students in college
- To carry out other duties as and when required
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00 A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
**Please note the closing date for this role is Friday 6th October at 12 Noon**
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.