IMMEDIATE START Our public sector client based in Belfast is looking for a Clerical Officer within their HR team on a temporary basis for 6 months
Role: Clerical Officer - HR department
Rate of Pay: £8.94 per hour
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9am-5.30pm and Friday 9am-2pm / 37 hours per week
Duration: 6 months
- Process recruitment exercises using COREHR e-recruitment system, i.e. prepare shortlisting, organise assessment centres/selection tests for relevant positions, organise interviews, prepare and send appropriate correspondence to applicants and managers both, organise pre-employment medicals and health surveillance, request references.
- Prepare offer letters and Contract Statements to successful applicants and ensure pre-employment routines are carried out appropriately. Update reserve registers/waiting lists.
- Ensure all internal paperwork relating to the recruitment process is signed and filed.
- Send out internal vacancy bulletins and place copy on public boards
- Assist with assessment centres when required.
- Coordinate transfer requests from operational staff in adherence with the Transfer Policy and ensure all details are recorded on the transfer list.
- Assist in the production of relevant management information and reports, e.g. KPI's. Ensure comments are made against each vacancy during the recruitment process.
- Record new external starts and new internal managers on Induction list/Welcome Meeting list. Ensure Induction pack is sent to new external starts.
- Coordinate process for closed recruitment exercises for employees in redeployment situations and prepare any subsequent redeployment offer letters and/or contracts.
- Undertake duties in relation to child protection checks for Bus Drivers using AccessNI's online
- Application process, and paperwork for all jobs.
- Work closely with line managers to ensure their recruitment needs are met in an appropriate and timely manner. Ensure regular communications take place to update line managers on recruitment progress.
- Assist with general administration e.g. temporary contract letters, , feedback letters, DPA requests, reference requests, etc
- Create, organise, and maintain, effective and efficient manual and computerised records and filing systems to ensure an effective mechanism for prompt retrieval of information. Adhere to the electronic data records management (EDRM) system guidelines.
- Respond to and deal effectively with internal and external queries.
- Minimum of 1 years experience working in an HR environment
- Experience of working with modern recruitment systems
- Sound Knowledge of current employment legislation and in particular equality / section 75 monitoring
- Awareness of legislative requirements within HR
- USING A COMPUTERISED HR SYSTEMS
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail
- 3 GCSE's at grade C including Maths and English or demonstrate 2 years relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience using all aspects of MS office
- Reliable and punctual
- Approachable and friendly
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria and be able to start ASAP. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted. PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE WEDNESDAY 11TH MAY AT 5PM.