CNC Machine Operator
(Milling/Turning, Rolling, Saw, Brake Press, Plasma)
REPORTING TO: Production Manager/Supervisor
JOB PURPOSE: To set up and operate CNC machinery in accordance with competence, knowledge and the company's policies and procedures, ensuring that products are manufactured and delivered within required time frames and quality standards.
- 7am to 3.45 Monday to Friday
- Identify, communicate and implement opportunities for continuous improvement and measure their effectiveness.
- Programme and set up CNC machinery in accordance with engineers' drawings including downloading programmes into the machinery, loading proper cutting tools and mounting, installing, aligning & securing work pieces onto the machine.
- Check tools and materials for defects prior to commencing work; remove & replace dull tools.
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios and the size and position of cuts.
- Test run machine, verify parts to drawings, consult with Quality Manager as required and continue to inspect parts for quality throughout the run.
- Observe machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and dial calliper and adjust settings as required.
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure confirmation to specifications using calibrated precision measuring instruments & templates
- Edit CNC programmes to optimise performance and modify programmes to account for problems.(Machine shop and Line bores only)
- Change and adjust machine parameters and tooling as required to meet dimensional and output requirements.
- Ensure effective handover at end of shift ensuring that any relevant information is communicated.
- Clean and maintain CNC machinery, tooling and parts to maintain equipment in optimal production condition
- Move and position components/products using overhead crane or other lifting equipment as provided and in accordance with instruction given.
- Work as part of a team to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and perform quality checks of work.
- Communicate and provide guidance and support to Production Engineers/Managers/Other Depts.
- Contribute to the development of improvements to working methods.In conjunction with the Quality Manager ensure all health & safety systems and standards relevant to your department/function are adhered to and drive commitment to a safe working environment with a high standard of general housekeeping.
- Any other duties within reason and capability as determined by the Managing Director.
Please email cv's to email@example.com by Monday 19th June 2017. Cv's received after this time will not be accepted.