Legal Assistant - Mortgage Arrears
Full-time Permanent Role
Our client, a leading Financial Institution, is currently recruiting Legal Assistants to join the business on a full-time, permanent basis. Based within the Arrears Support Function, the purpose of this role is to support the legal and collections teams through outbound calling and investigation.
The key areas of responsibility will include:
- Dealing efficiently with incoming calls and written correspondence from customers and their solicitors
- Timely completion of Legal documentation to assist solicitors
- Proactive daily administration of arrears cases to agreed targets
- Analysis of property sales and contribute to valuation reports
- Support the complaints and appeals process
- Producing relevant and timely MIS reporting of arrears and litigation cases
- Actively participating in and contributing to weekly/monthly team meetings
- Working in a professional and timely manner in a busy and challenging unit
- Previous collections experience in a financial institution a distinct advantage
- A minimum of 5 passes in 5 Ordinary Level papers in the Leaving Certificate including Maths and English essential
- Third level qualification in Business or Law an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience of dealing with customers face-to-face or over the phone
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a pressurised, target-driven environment
- At least 2-3 years customer service experience preferably in a financial institution
- Proven customer service and telephony experience in a customer focused environment
- Proficient in the use of MS Office with the ability to adapt to new systems with ease
The salary on offer is €28,000 per annum plus additional benefits.
Please note, only applicants who satisfy the above criteria will be considered for this role.