3 Year Contract
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Analyst for the leading Irish Energy Organisation based in Belfast. Our client is a market leader in the utilities sector and is offering a 3 Year Contract to the successful candidate.
As part of the External Affairs function, Connections and Charging is responsible for the preparation and management of contracts for the connection of new generation and demand customers to the transmission systems in Ireland and Northern Ireland and the development of the associated policy issues. The team is also responsible for calculating the charges payable by customers for the cost of their connection to the transmission system in accordance with approved regulatory policy.
The primary purpose of the role is to prepare and issue connection 'offer' contracts for new and existing customers connecting directly to the Northern Ireland transmission system and those connecting indirectly to the transmission system via the distribution system. The successful candidate will be the point of contact for customers and will also work closely with internal technical, financial and legal teams involved in the preparation of connection contracts.
- Production and issuing of connection contracts ("offers") to generators, the Distribution Network Operator and demand customers seeking to connect to the electricity transmission network.
- Reviewing complex technical, project delivery and connection charging documentation and applying expertise to ensure that information is consistent and aligned with Licenses, agreements and policies.
- Incorporation of key elements of reports and other documents into connection contracts.
- Drafting and standardisation of connection offer templates.
- Identification and drafting of any non-standard clauses specific to the unique elements of each contract and negotiating agreement on these new clauses.
- Interpretation and implementation of Transmission Connection Methodology Charging Statement.
- Confidential liaison with customers, Northern Ireland Electricity Networks, the Utility Regulator and other stakeholders as required throughout the offer process.
- Support the ongoing development of business processes for connection applications and managing connection contracts.
- Work with other team members to ensure that all Key Performance Indicators for the delivery of connection offers are met.
- Support the Offer Process function in identifying and managing risks arising out of the offer process.
- Train and develop other staff as required
***It is essential that you are competent, highly professional and has an appreciation of the environment in which our client and its customers operate and the challenges faced by both. In addition, you will have to be a self-starter requiring little supervision, will produce very high quality work, be a strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have strong analytical skills.***
- Third level qualification to degree level in a business, technical or engineering discipline, with a minimum of 3 year's experience in a contractual/commercial environment.
- Demonstrable project management experience and working to tight deadlines.
- Strong customer and commercial awareness.
- Experience in dealing with customers/third parties on a contractual basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to work collaboratively across business areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Proven analysis and problem solving capability with a solution-driven approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, while also being able to define and guide work under minimal supervision.
- Previous experience of working in a regulated/energy environment.
- Understanding of Transmission System Operator business activities
- Strong IT skills an advantage including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working with business customers
- Competitive salary
- Health care scheme
- 26 days annual leave + public holidays
- Parking available
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you feel you meet the essential criteria and are looking for an exciting opportunity please attach your CV below or call Katie Doyle at 02890 895824