Commercial Estimator - (Manufacturing)
Location: County Down
Salary: 25-30K negotiable
Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm Friday
My client is one of Ireland's leading contract electronic manufacturing firms. Operating from their County Down facility they are widely known as a leading, local employer. They have a current opportunity for a Commercial Estimator to join their County Down site on a permanent basis. This is a day-shift position.
Reporting to the New Product Engineering Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the control of customer documentation and the review of customer technical drawings, assembly drawings and Bills of Materials
- The successful candidate will liaise with engineering, production and supply chain on a regular basis to prepare product cost estimations
- The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of standard work for cable assemblies, PCB assemblies and mechanical assemblies to estimate labour rates
- Implement the strategy and systems of the company, ensuring tenders are undertaken and prepared to the high standards that the company's reputation demands.
- Provide a professional approach to all stages of the tender process, including estimating and tender submission.
- Maintain document control and ensure traceability throughout the tender process.
- Present tender details to senior management for analysis to demonstrate confidence in the bid and gain approval for bid / tender submission
- Processing customer purchase orders for NPI products
- Creating, setting and deploying standard production labour rates for printed circuit board assemblies, cable and wiring assemblies/ harnesses and electro mechanical assemblies
- 2 years' experience operating in a similar capacity within a Manufacturing environment.
- Strong IT skills covering Microsoft Office, CAD Software and use of in-house Estimating Software is required to calculate product cost.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline preferable, although proven professional experience will also be considered.
- Previous experience in pricing/estimating specifically of electro-mechanical assemblies would be ideal.
- Knowledge of standard methods of measurement.
- Knowledge of standard conditions of contract.
- Work study experience
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333