Grafton are recruiting on behalf of our client, a professional business development organisation, based in Belfast, for a Communications Executive. Reporting to the Head of Campaigns & Digital Solutions, you will be expected to manage and implement an integrated programme of marketing activity and promotional campaigns aimed at customers, stakeholders and the wider business base in Northern Ireland. These activities include events, sponsorships, advertising campaigns, printed and digital publications and promotional materials, thought leadership pieces, brand management and digital marketing.
* Develop and deliver an annual schedule of marketing activity, utilising the full spectrum of the marketing mix, in line with agreed budget allocations, project and corporate targets, and securing departmental and divisional approval.
* Develop annual marketing plans and proposals on behalf of Operating Divisions clearly articulating aims and objectives, target markets, measurable outputs and proposed channels to market with supporting rationale.
* Effectively communicate with internal teams and colleagues, ensuring timely identification, development, delivery, management and monitoring of marketing plans and promotional campaigns.
* Contribute to and oversee the management and co-ordination of marketing activity and promotional campaigns for programme and corporate initiatives. This will require providing advice to internal customers of appropriate methodology, taking into account value for money considerations.
* Manage the delivery of annual programme of events across Northern Ireland including workshops, seminars and conferences, utilising team and contracted resources. This includes managing all elements of event management including graphic design, set build, invitation design and mailing, event promotion and delegate recruitment, and supplementary promotional and presentation materials.
* Manage the delivery of advertising campaigns for programmes primarily aimed at customer acquisition, utilising both offline and online channels to market. This will include developing campaign briefs, media plans, and media reviews with appointed suppliers.
* Manage the delivery of the full range of printed and digital materials such as promotional literature, publications, video case studies, online guides and presentations, email marketing and digital assets, to promote portfolio of programmes, targeting a diverse range of audiences.
* Manage a programme of sponsorship activity, ensuring value for money is achieved in accordance with Sponsorship Policy, and work with the wider Group to maximise media coverage on online and offline channels.
* Manage divisional marketing expenditure, to meet campaign objectives, guarantee value for money and ensure compliance with financial and audit processes and procedures.
* Manage multiple projects on behalf of multiple internal customers to deliver agreed project outputs, and ensure the achievement of Group objectives and targets.
* Be a member of the Campaign & Digital Solutions team and the wider Communications Group, working closely and collaboratively with colleagues.
* Recent experience of involvement in at least 3 of the following areas:
o digital marketing;
o event management;
o sponsorship initiatives;
o advertising campaigns;
o design-led projects covering printed and online marketing materials; or
o writing copy, such as for press releases, speeches, case studies, advertorials, promotional inputs, part inputs or Ministerial briefings.
* A proven ability to plan, deliver, implement and monitor marketing plans or projects targeting a wide range of audiences, which deliver against key targets and deadlines;
* A track record of co-ordinating, managing and delivering business or marketing projects with responsibility for recommending, planning and monitoring financial resources;
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to liaise, influence, challenge effectively, and build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and customers;
* The ability to research, develop and write copy such as for a full range of marketing and promotional materials, printed and digital, for a business audience;
* The ability to work effectively on multiple projects using your own initiative contributing with impact to a wider team.