Grafton are recruiting on behalf of a leading energy company for a Communications Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join an established company, developing a leading brand. You will add value to the business by providing a comprehensive and cost-effective Communications service; encompassing, internal and external communications PR, and community relations, operating both in support and as a driver to the meeting of the Company objectives.
* Develop a comprehensive public relations strategy working across the group to identify the most suitable communication methods which assists the meeting of business objectives, opportunities or targets within Company guidelines.
* Develop an internal Communications Strategy which supports the overall mission and vision of the organisation.
* Develop an external Communications Strategy which engages with key stakeholders to further the reputation and standing of the Company.
* Lead the operation of an effective press and PR office including management of third parties to respond to the needs of the business.
* Manage crisis PR issues and the risk to company.
* Measure and monitor performance of the department against targets and provide timely and regular reports demonstrating how the Communications and Corporate Affairs strategies are being delivered within the agreed budget.
* Arrange, organise exhibition displays and major launch activities as required in order to support and develop the marketing strategy, whilst being cost effective, ensure the exhibitions promote the desired Company image and achieve the appropriate business results.
* Assist where appropriate in the development of the company marketing strategy with specific reference to providing a coordinated approach to maximising publicity and public relations coverage from relevant marketing activities.
* Co-ordinate, control and monitor Communications and Corporate Affairs expenditure to ensure that the overall budget is maintained within budgetary constraints.
* Contribute to the development and management of the Company website to complement the e-commerce strategy.
* Co-ordinate the development and implementation of a market research strategy in line with management team guidelines and operational requirements.
* Provide the business with a sound link into communities and educational groups and deliver business objectives in these vital areas.
* Support the collection and maintenance of the company's corporate database ensuring that the database is compliant with current Regulatory and Legislative requirements.
* Manage the people allocated who are responsible for the delivery of cost effective marketing and communications solutions.
* All Managers / Supervisors have an ongoing responsibility for the promotion of Equal Opportunities and for Health, Safety and Environmental issues. Managers / Supervisors are also responsible for ensuring staff adhere to Equal Opportunities and Heath, Safety and Environmental considerations.
* Degree/Equivalent in marketing, communications, public relations or related business discipline
* 2 years experience in communication roles/handling relevant corporate affairs activities
* Experience of budget management and the delivery of cost-effective communication solutions
* Highly focused and results driven
* Being a self-starter and target driven
* Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively at all levels of the business, both externally and internally
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively at all levels of the organisation
* Experience in dealing with Advertising, PR/Communication and market research agencies is desirable
* Knowledge of legislation relating to consumer issues as well as the specific requirements relating to regulated utilities may also be desirable