Communications Officer (Fixed Term Contract)
The Communications Officer will provide support to the overall function by contributing to the delivery of various aspects of the communications strategy, both from an internal and external perspective.
* Research, write and edit appropriate support material for internal staff briefing processes
* Research, develop and implement internal advertising/communications campaigns, and monitor and evaluate their effectiveness
* Assist in the development of Sharepoint, the Company's 'intranet' system, and ensure regular updates and maintenance in order to facilitate/compliment internal communications
* Plan, prepare and issue press releases/press articles/statements/editorials
* Day to day management of the photographic library
* Assist with reactive media enquiries
* Assist with the control and organisation of external/internal launches/events
* Assist the Communications Team with the compilation of entries for award schemes
* Assist in the update of social media sites, ad hoc advertising and coordinating promotional activity with regards to Communication and Brand campaigns
* Liaise with Safety, Health and Environment representatives to ensure key messages are effectively communicated internally in particular relating to Corporate Social Responsibility objectives
* Maintain comprehensive records in line with internal Records Management Policies and Procedures and ensure all administration tasks are completed on a regular basis (including invoicing/database upkeep, mailouts etc.)
* Provide support to the Communications Team as required
* 2 years experience in an Internal Communications, PR, Communications or marketing role within a multi-disciplined organisation.
* Degree or equivalent qualification in Communications or Marketing or a Diploma or equivalent qualification which includes PR/Internal Communications as a module, or, alternatively be able to demonstrate at least 2 years relevant experience in a similar post.
* Experience in the use of Microsoft Office products including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet related products.
* Experience of internal communications tools/processes.
* Previous experience of managing a content management system for an intranet
* Experience with design, advertising and production
* Experience of research methods
* Experience of using/ maintaining databases
* CIM Qualification
* Membership of a relevant professional body