12 Month Contract
£25,951 - £27,668
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for a Communications Officer on behalf of a local charity. The Communications Officer will be responsible for the delivery of the Marketing and Communications Strategy and its associated action plans covering public relations, public affairs and events. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Communications Officer to gain further experience and make a real impact.
* Coordinate all marketing and communications activity focusing on public relations, public affairs and events
* Lead on the development and publication of content including researching , writing copy, stories, articles and case studies for dissemination across a range of media
* Develop relationships with and liaise with key press and media contacts to secure coverage
* Develop relationships with and work effectively with the recently appointed Public Relations firm to maximise their work on selected public relations, public affairs and event activity
* Build effective, relationships with key stakeholders
* Ensure that key external agency relationships (designers; printers; web developers; photographers) are effectively managed to support the achievement of the communications objectives
* Be the initial point of contact in respect of any media enquiries
* Website, social media and Publications
* Maintain, develop and manage the suite of websites; including preparation and uploading of content on a regular scheduled basis
* Maintain, develop and manage the social media accounts including preparation and uploading of content to Twitter on a daily basis
* Coordinate the design, production and publication of reports
* Monitor media coverage and to respond and/or identify opportunities to respond to, where appropriate, press and media comment
* Carry out regular and ongoing review of the Marketing and Communications Strategy and associated action plans recommending and making agreed changes and improvements to both as required
* Keep up to date with knowledge and best practice in communications and media practice
* Any other duties as identified as being necessary to fulfil the requirements of the post
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* 2 years practical experience (in the last 5 years) to include experience of at least 4 of the following key areas
o implementing a Communications Strategy and associated action plans;
o maintaining a website including developing and publishing content;
o engaging with the press and media in Northern Ireland;
o producing social media content and managing social media accounts;
o engaging with elected representatives and political parties;
o organising and co-ordinating delivery of events.
* Proficient in the use of IT including using Google Apps/G Suite
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written and the ability to relay information clearly and accurately
* Strong organisational skills and a proven ability to meet targets and to work to tight deadlines
* Be willing to undertake any training for the job considered appropriate by the Director of Operations
* Access to transport and a willingness to work away from the office base if required
* Working both as part of a team and using own initiative to meet business objectives
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality
* A professional qualification in communications and/or marketing
* Knowledge and understanding of the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector in Northern Ireland
The successful Communications Officer will enjoy a competitive salary circa £25,951 - £27,668 depending on experience. An essential user's travel allowance of up to £929 per annum is also payable.
This is a fixed term post for 12 months.
Hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm inclusive of meal breaks, although they are committed to flexible working hours where possible.
Holidays are 25 days annually (plus statutory days). You may be eligible for membership of the Pension Scheme.
A car-parking space is provided with this post.
The Communications Officer role will be based in Belfast.
If you would like to discuss this Communications Officer job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
The closing date for this role is 21 September at 12pm.
If this Communications Officer job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other roles in Sales and Marketing please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.