Part time Community Enforcement Officer required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Newtownards £7.00 ph - £7.20ph
Role: Part time Community Enforcement Officer
Rate of Pay: £7.00 per hour (£7.20 per hour for over 25's)
Hours: 28 hours per week (Wednesday - Saturday, 4pm - 11pm)
Duration: to end October 2016 (may be extended)
- Provide a high profile patrol service throughout the Borough to detect and deter anti-social behaviour.
- Deal with service requests and enquiries from the public and other agencies on all matters relating to the functions of the sections. Maintain records and reports, complying with the departmental procedures as necessary.
- Implement and enforce legislation including the Litter (NI) Order, The Pollution Control and Local Government (NI) Order, Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act (NI) 2011, Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions, bye laws and any other legislation in so that it may relate to the post.
- Act as a witness for other statutory bodies, including the PSNI, in order to assist those bodies in carrying out their statutory provisions.
- Provide evidence and support in order that, where appropriate, Anti-Social Behaviour Orders and Acceptable Behaviour Contracts may be issued, and, where required, provide evidence of any breaches or otherwise of the Orders and Contracts.
- Investigate and prepare briefs of evidence for presentation at court in accordance with the provisions of PACE or other relevant codes of practice. Also to attend court and give evidence.
- Engage with young people during evening patrols and sign post to relevant support services or agencies.
- Previous enforcement experience including dealing with aggressive/difficult customers.
- Must have full current driving licence as will be required to drive client vehicles (to be demonstrated on cv).
- Good communication skills.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Ability to demonstrate record maintenance and compiling reports.
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE WEDNESDAY 17th AUGUST AT 5.00PM.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Janey Cordner will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.