Temporary Community Park Supervisor required for local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP potentially until end of September 2016
Monday-Friday = 37 hours per week
Duties will include:
- To lead a multi-skilled team across a range of parks, open spaces and cemetery operations on a mobile, static or decentralised basis and at any satellite sites throughout the city.
- To prepare, organise, implement and evaluate work programmes. To undertake work planning in accordance with all relevant systems and procedures contributing to the achievement of required quality standards.
- To continuously evaluate the capacity of their respective team against the programme of work, leading to decisions on overall workload, resourcing, overtime and making recommendations to Community Parks Manager to instigate changes.
- To be responsible for all aspects of staff supervision including apprentices, agency and volunteer staff. Incorporating; induction, compiling PDP's, staff development, training, completion of return to work interviews and implementation of all relevant HR policies.
Qualifications and experience
- Have a full, current driving licence (category C1 and E) which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland.
- Have a PA1 and PA6 Pesticide Application Certificate.
- Be able to demonstrate on the application on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples at least one years' experience in three of the following four areas:
- Have NVQ level two in Horticulture or equivalent qualification.
- Undertaking relevant grounds maintenance; horticulture; sports ground; arboriculture or grave-digging operations;
- Assisting in the preparation and implementation of work programmes;
- Assisting in carrying out risk assessments and ensuring relevant health and safety requirements; and/ or
- Supervising staff, i.e. Direct reports, including the monitoring and allocation of workload.
If you are interested in this role please upload your CV to the link.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS THURSDAY 12TH MAY AT 5PM**