Continuous Improvement Project Manager
Salary - £33,000, rising to £37,000 after 12 months, plus bonus.
Grafton Specialist Engineering recruitment has been retained to recruit a Continuous Improvement Project Manager for an NI based Public Sector organisation. This is a new position which will begin with involvement in a multi-million pound project.
Reporting to: Head of Business Transformation
This role is to provide lean productivity and project management expertise to the Continuous Improvement Programme impacting the business strategy and four main corporate objectives of operational excellence, customer satisfaction, value for money and passenger growth.
Through day to day project management of CI projects this role will seek to drive and embed a culture of continuous improvement within the organisation. This role needs to build good working relationships across the Group and gain buy-in to the Continuous Improvement Programme ensuring commitment and involvement from key stakeholders
· Introduction of continuous improvement techniques and methodologies across the business to ensure buy-in to cross-divisional initiatives
· Achieve a strong continuous improvement culture and overcome barriers to change management
· Translate performance improvement into financial benefit by working with key members of the organisation in assessing, tracking and reporting the financial benefits of all CI projects
· Improvement of process to ensure sustainable progress in customer experience, productivity and efficiency
· Identify and participate in key projects across the business while providing the CI Steering Group with regular project reviews and delivery of solutions
· Validate root cause of process defects, bottlenecks and variations through planned analysis of data
· Successfully communicate project progress to project team, sponsor/steering group, and stakeholders
· Deliver Lean/Six Sigma continuous improvement training
· Undertake all other duties identified by the Head of Business Transformation and Digital Services Agree savings for each CI project undertaken, and regularly update on progress against targeted savings
· Maintain and develop own skill and expertise as required through regular training to ensure gain of new CI skills and techniques in order to support development across the department and wider business
· Minimum of a Degree Qualification in a relevant business related discipline
· Minimum of 3 years' project management continuous improvement experience in lean manufacturing or service environment
· Experience in preparing budgets or managing costs
· Ability to use Lean tools in the day to day management process
· Experience of leading cross functional project teams
· Possess PRINCE2 accreditation
· Possess Six Sigma Qualification
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa 33k per annum rising to £37k after 12 months. The position also offers a bonus of circa 10% of annual salary.
To discuss confidentially or for more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333