Grafton Sales and Marketing are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading postal company for a Contract Manager. The Contract Manager will pro-actively manage the sales, relationship management and operational customer interface on a day to day basis with public sector customers and other commercial accounts in the Northern Ireland.
* Manage the relationship between customers, commercial and the operation and serve as key point of contact for all assigned accounts
* Manage the contract and other commercial accounts and any issues with service
* The Contract Manager will lead and line manage two Account Managers
* Evaluate all process interfaces, improve EBIT/cash/CNR performance of the accounts, improve operational efficiency and or reduce the operational cost of the account, improve quality item production / presentation
* Identify further cost saving opportunities by working with the defined portfolio of customers
* Identify new and added value sales opportunities and work with the, Sales Director and the Account Managers to convert these opportunities to a profitable realisation
* Assist the Sales Director and the associated Account Managers in the delivery of agreed CNR / Margin & cash targets (monthly/quarterly/annually), to meet the requirements of the wider business targets, for nominated customers & within the appropriate timescales and being delivered utilising the devolved decision making power attributed to the role
* Development of customer specific tactical plans designed to deliver business objectives
* Ensuring business policy decisions are implemented within nominated accounts
* Undertake the lead role for nominated accounts at monthly and quarterly customer reviews as agreed with the Sales Director ensuring that all relevant presentational materials/details are prepared in a timely manner
* Any other duties role may involve
* Ideally 2 years of business experience in a sales/customer service related role in logistics or postal/courier industry
* Knowledge and experience of packet & parcel products is essential
* Good knowledge market sector requirements, competitors and services offered to customers in order to maximise opportunities
* Ability to line manage and motivate a team and a proven track record of delivery in this area
* Ability to motivate individuals within other departments as necessary to deliver objectives/requirements within agreed timescales
* Successful track record in meeting stretching targets
* High level of customer focus and understanding of customers' needs
* Ability to conduct face to face presentations to customers
* Ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines
* Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely to individuals, adapting communication style, amount and format based upon the level of seniority and/or understanding of the audience
* Possess good communication and influencing skills both written and spoken; Ability to communicate at senior management level
* To be an excellent team player who is flexible and have empathy with colleagues whilst maintaining the focus necessary to achieve the required objectives established
* Required to have a high level of customer focus, being able to empathise with them and be diplomatic / tactful when communicating with them
* Good level of IT literacy - Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook). Ability to learn different IT packages as required.
The successful Contract Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus a car and bonus.
The Contract Manager will be covering Northern Ireland.
If you would like to discuss this Contract Manager job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
If this Contract Manager job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other roles in Sales and Marketing please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.