Contracts and Settlements Analyst
18 Month FTC
£28,000.00 - £32,000.00
We are currently recruiting for a Contracts and Settlements Analyst for the leading Irish Energy Business based in Belfast. Our client is a market leader in the utilities sector and is offering an 18 month fixed-term contract to the successful candidate.
The Contracts and Settlement Analyst reports to the Contracts and Settlement Manager and is responsible for performing all of the necessary tasks required for our client to fulfil their obligations. In addition, the post holder will also be required to support the other activities carried out by the department.
- Managing the Interconnector Access Arrangements. This will include the facilitation and administration of capacity auctions via an Auction Management Platform.
- Submission of the relevant data files to key stakeholders.
- Management of the daily, monthly and quarterly financial settlement.
- Settlement of System Operator energy trades and ensuring that all trades are reported to both the SEM and BETTA markets.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Managing and monitoring the credit cover arrangements for trading on the Interconnectors.
- Managing Interconnector queries or disputes raised under the Market Codes and Agreements, ensuring that they are resolved within the agreed timescales.
- Preparing business processes to audit standards.
- Assisting with internal and external audits to ensure consistent compliance and best practice.
- Provide ongoing support to the Contracts and Settlement team.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of appropriate KPI's and metrics including monthly reporting.
- Minimum 2 years experience in administrative/business related role.
- Demonstrable track record of excellent Stakeholder management with internal and external stakeholders,
- Experience in resolving stakeholder queries and disputes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in a business and technical environment
- Ability to prioritise and organise work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to work well within a team
- Highly developed numeracy and analytical skills
- Strong quality orientation and attention to detail
- A high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications.
- Third level qualification or equivalent in a related subject.
- Knowledge of electricity markets desirable but not essential.
Health care scheme
26 days annual leave + public holidays
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you are suitable for this role please apply here or call Katie Doyle at Grafton for further information on 02890895824.