CONTRACTS MANAGER, LONDONDERRY, £25,000 - £30,000
We are working exclusively on behalf of an Energy firm based on the outskirts of Derry City, to recruit an experienced Contracts Manager for a new, innovative Biomass Power plant. The first of its kind in Ireland, the plant is now fully operational and providing electricity to the main grid through a renewable energy source.
The role of Contracts Manager involves representing the Owner at site and acting as the main point of contact between the Plant Operator and its other stakeholders; providing planning and reporting inputs to head office on all operational, service and contractual issues relating to the Management Services Agreement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide detailed monthly management reports to the owner, including a suite of KPIs as well as the facility monitoring reports specified under the debt arrangements.
- To ensure compliance with statutory and other reporting arrangements details in permits and agreements necessary for the operation of the plant.
- To liaise with PPA off-taker and OFGEM on volumes and notifications, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and all other outage notification.
- Assist with the compilation of internal operational reports to the ERE Board.
- Manage the Contract and deal with all other matters required to achieve maximum operational status of LPS.
- To liaise with the Fuel Reception Manager, Transport Manager and the Plant Operator to ensure that fuel quality and quantity is coordinated with the needs of the plant.
- To ensure that payments are correct under the terms of contractual arrangements and to manage any disputes that may arise.
- To foster positive working relationships with the Operator on site and other third party service providers to the site.
- Provide pivotal direction and management to the onsite LPS team.
- Identification of maintenance optimisation opportunities, business case proposal and asset optimisation.
- Provide community liaison support and response, attend liaison panels and council meetings.
- Provide Educational tours and site visits and community engagement with schools.
- Provide support to colleagues, mentor and assist to achieve overall corporate objectives.
- Achievement of overall performance to meet business objectives, emphasis on people, performance and bottom line.
- 3rd level education, preferably in an Engineering or Construction related discipline.
- Extensive experience of contract or project management, preferably within the Energy sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organise daily, weekly and monthly duties and multitask when necessary.
- Strong IT skills, specifically proficient with Microsoft suite and able to read, produce and analyse reports.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company at an exciting time in their development. If you would like to hear more about the position please call Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.