Location: Northern Ireland - Co Down - Newry
Salary: 25-32k DOE plus benefits
Working hours: Monday to Wednesday, 8am to 4.30pm, Thursday 8am to 4.00pm and Friday 8am to 3pm.
Grafton Engineering Division is working in partnership with a leading M&E firm within the Utilities industry. My client is a leading, long standing Engineering firm who specialise in the Utilities and Water Treatment sectors. They currently have a requirement for a Contracts Manager to join their team. This is an office based role, looking after high value contracts within a fast moving and efficient team within a very successful business.
Reporting to the Service Contracts Manager the Contracts Manager will:
To be responsible for all aspects of the day to day operation of individual contracts under your control, from formal receipt of file through procurement and installation of materials to the preparation of final account and job handover.
- To work within the provision of the company's ISO Quality, Environmental and H&S Procedures.
- To take phone and direct enquiries from customers and to deal with them accordingly.
- To provide prices and proposals to customers when requested.
- To take ownership of contracts from start to completion to handover to client.
- To purchase equipment and sub-contract services at the most advantageous rates.
- To assist in scheduling of site engineers and planning of work.
- To ensure the completion of individual contracts within budget and within the agreed time frame.
- The Contracts Manager will prepare CAD drawings as and when required for contracts.
- To liaise with and support site engineers on their day-to-day job requirements.
- To achieve individually agreed objectives for the year.
- A formal qualification in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- A minimum of 4-5 years post qualification experience in an engineering Environment
- Competent with autocad drawing software
- The Contracts Manager will have experience working on NI Water contracts
The successful Contracts Manager will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa £26,000 to £33,000 per annum depending on experience. The company also offer pension, life assurance and family orientated working hours as detailed above.
The Contracts Manager will ideally live within the Newry area however the business is also within reasonable distance from County Armagh and County Down areas.
Interested Contracts Managers can apply but submitting a completed CV via the link on the job board.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.