Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking a Controller, Contracting & Settlement for a 3 year contact with our client based in Dublin 4.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit a Controller, Contracting & Settlement for their Contracting and Settlement team on a 3 year Fixed Term Contract.
The controller will:
- Operate the business processes in an auditable manner in consultation with the Contracting and Settlement Team Lead
- Ensure compliance with procedures and raise any deviations
- Provides first level support to customer queries
Main Responsibilities of the role are to:
- Support the day to day operation of a range of administration and processing activities e.g.
- Daily data collection from TSOs and Meter Data Providers (MDP)
- Settlement data validation and amendment
- Scheduling and quality control of monthly settlement runs in accordance with the settlement timetable
- Provide first level support to queries from customers or other departments
- Operates the business processes in the settlement area in consultation with the senior controller
- Works within defined guidelines and supervision and escalates complex issues in line with working guidelines and processes
- Actively develops skills and knowledge and gains experience over time of a number of our clients internal systems and work practices
- Ensures compliance with procedures and raises deviations to more senior team members
- A third level qualification or equivalent in a Technical/Business/Finance discipline, and/or previous experience in a relevant role.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar type role in the energy, finance, telecoms or business sectors
- Intermediate/advanced standard in Excel and Word along with a strong knowledge of file management
- Good numerical ability gained within current or previous role
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Demonstrates a quality orientation and attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work along with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of database languages and basic programming languages and/or IS Systems knowledge of processes
- Understanding of auditable processes and previous experience in documenting business processes