Cook. £9.53 Magherafelt
Working on behalf of our client we are seeking to recruit a Cook to assist in the efficient and effective delivery of a catering service under direction of the Catering Manager. Team participation is essential to provide an efficient hygienic service, to achieve customer satisfaction and to promote sales within the unit(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Skilled cooking activities connected to the full range of menu provision, for example preparation of menus, portion control, special dietary meals and function catering where appropriate under the direction of the Catering Manager.
- Determine the levels of food required on a weekly basis and place food orders with Institute contracted suppliers.
- Organisation and supervision of food service, to include all aspects, service points.
- To ensure that the kitchen and dining areas and meet current standards of food safety legislation.
- Responsible for securing the unit.
- To assist with control of hygiene, health and safety in the kitchen including recording of temperatures.
- Associated administrative duties as required, which may include assistance with stock-taking, including the organisation of stores and fridges and receipts of deliveries.
- General kitchen duties as required which may include washing-up, setting up and clearing away equipment and tables, cleaning of the kitchen, dining room surrounds and equipment.
- Supervision and direction of canteen staff including allocation of duties and work rotas.
- To actively participate in the implementation of all policies relating to staff issues e.g. managing attendance, disciplinary and grievance.
- Induction and on-going staff training.
- Clerical duties associated with the efficient running of the kitchen, including cash handling.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of Bank Lodgement forms (BL1) for Finance Office, ensuring all money is accounted for, receipted, coded and costed to the correct budget.
- Responsible for receiving and checking all monies for the canteen and ensuring that it is lodged quickly to bank.
- Responsible for canteen Petty Cash account ensuring replenishing of monies and balancing the account.
- Advise Line Manager of resource requirements to include food, labour, overheads and equipment.
- Level 2 in Catering or above or equivalent
- A valid Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- Experience of budget control
- Experience of providing a catering service to the customers, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks
- Experience of administrative duties
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- Honest/reliable/good timekeeper
30hrs a week.
£9.53 per hr
8am - 2pm, Monday to Friday
This is a long term contract until at least June 2017, at which point it will be reviewed.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button. Thank you