Corporate Sales Manager
Grafton are currently recruiting on behalf of our client within the hospitality sector for a tenacious and commercially driven Corporate Sales Manager. You will manage the global hotel sales, marketing and conference and events activities in conjunction with domestic and international partners to produce the required levels of room nights at required rates to achieve the anticipated revenue projections. You will be involved in creating and implementing the strategic sales and revenue plan for the business in line with the overall business strategy.
* Oversee Sales, Wedding & Events Team to ensure the departments are operating efficiently.
* Liaise with key external benefactors to promote the company and deliver increased revenue to meet targets.
* Development of the brand as an effective marketing tool.
* Identify and action any potential leads and assist in the showcasing of the hotel and apartments.
* Business development of new accounts to meet company targets.
* To be fully knowledgeable of competitor activities and proactively benchmark best practice across the wider industry and develop the hotel in line with or ahead of competitor activities.
* Ensure all team members have exceptional knowledge of all hotel products and services, and local area and attractions.
* Extend the highest level of hospitality to all guests at all times.
* Assist in the management of all customer accounts to ensure customer retention and growth.
* Ability to challenge and improve any aspect of the hotel which will enhance customer experience and drive profitability.
* Liaise with credit control to ensure full payments on all accounts within credit terms.
* Managing the recruitment, selection, induction and rotas of all staff in line with HR manager and budgets.
* Ensure all staff management procedures are adhered to, including all documentation relating to training records, H&S, staff development, sickness, absenteeism, lateness, annual leave etc.
* Assisting in the sales training of all staff within the department.
* Ensure all staff performance reviews are undertaken in line with Company procedures and agreed actions implemented.
* Effective management of team.
* Assist/manage team on any aspect of sales/marketing/PR plan.
* Generation of the annual sales and marketing plan and to ensure all income streams are achieved through its successful implementation.
* Meet sales targets on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
* Meet all KPI's as agreed with GM & Directors.
* Report on annual departmental budget and accurately analyse and report on any deviations of the same at management meetings.
* Ability to use standard software applications within hotel.
* Be an ambassador for hotel and the wider group on an ongoing basis and represent both at all necessary events and occasions.
* 2 years experience within a similar role.
* Proven track record of the ability to lead a team to achieve sales targets.
* Experience of account management.
* Be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
* Sound knowledge of the hospitality industry and competitors.
* Core Values - Treat People Really Well, The Highest Standards, Perseverance and Enjoyment, Openness, Trust & Understanding, Flexibility & One Step Ahead.
* Ways of Working - Think Guest, Work Together, & Ownership.
* Ability to develop the Hotel at a strategic level.
* Able to manage existing customer relationships, and proactively develop new customer relationships.
* Identifies and anticipates customer needs and exceeds expectations.
* Ability to adapt and stay focused on results despite changing conditions.
* Ability to be innovative and creative in generating ideas for a quick response.
* Confident and can influence at all levels.
* Excellent presentation skills that inspire the audience.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative.
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
* Strong organisational and planning skills.
* Flexible and proactive approach to workload.
* Demonstrates exceptional leadership qualities through building effective relationships and providing appropriate guidance, training and support, to achieve personal development at all levels and opportunities for succession planning.
* Ability to engage the commitment of others through use of a persuasive communication style, motivation, training, engagement and enthusiasm.
* Influences and stimulates others to action, while being firm, direct, and self-assured in dealing with them.