Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Corporate Services Accountant for our client based in Dublin 2.
Our client The National Oil Reserves Agency (NORA) is a state-owned company responsible for ensuring that Ireland meets its obligations under EU Legislation and International Energy Agency (IEA) rules to maintain a minimum of 90 days stocks of oil for use in the event of a physical shortage of supplies. NORA is also responsible for administering Ireland's Biofuels Obligation Scheme (BOS) and is the designated authority for key elements of the administration of the Fuel Quality Directive (FQD).
This position is an important position within the Finance function, reporting to the Financial Controller and Company Secretary. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the Finance & Corporate Services function of the Agency's business. The role supports all aspects of the Agency's business, and is essential to the operation and management of the overall Finance function, with key focus on the following:
Corporate Governance, Procurement, Internal Audit and Risk Management, and liaison with the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment. The Finance function deals with all aspects of transaction processing, financial planning and reporting (including Corporate Governance reporting) in relation to the operations of the Agency, with c. €130.0m in annual levy income, operating costs of c. €40.0 - €50.0m p.a. and current loan finance of c. €30.0m.
- A Professional Accounting qualification. Candidates are required to be a member of a recognised Accountancy body (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- A minimum of four years' post-qualification experience, demonstrating the capability of developing increasing responsibility.
- Experience of dealing with corporate services.
- High level of competency in report writing and presentational skills.
- A proven track record of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven diligence with strong focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, especially the use of accounting systems and the Microsoft Office suite of applications, with particular emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Ability to work on one's own initiative.
- Ability to provide leadership and to influence others.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions based on sound judgement.
- Analytical thinking and concern for clarity and work quality, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Additional relevant qualifications would be an advantage (e.g. qualifications in employment law, IT, company secretarial, etc.).
- Experience of strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting processes, as well as financial modelling.
- Experience of using the Sage 200 or similar accounting system.
- Experience of working in the oil industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working in the public sector.
- Familiarisation with Public Procurement, tendering and contract management for goods and services in the Public Sector.
- Ability to assist in the development of the skills and competencies of others in the team.
- Strong general business knowledge from relevant commercial experience.
- Strategic well motivated self-starter with ability to understand and see the bigger picture.
- Experience of working closely in a small team environment.
- Excellent starting salary of €59,765
- Excellent benefits package
- City Centre Location
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 4505288.