Our client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a Communications Support Officer to join their team on a temporary (9months) basis.
The post holder will carry out all generic, administrative duties plus post-specific duties within any department but specifically supporting the Communications Department.
- General administration including word processing, maintenance of spreadsheets and databases, central and localised filing systems and dealing with general enquiries from the public.
- General secretarial/administrative support to the designated line manager, and relevant communications officers.
- Tasks specific to the post to which you are appointed that are relevant to this grade of post.
- Processing of financial systems.
- Processing of ICT systems and/or programmes.
- Collate and produce management information. Attending meetings to formally record minutes.
- Assist in purchasing and the preparation of quotations.
- Deal with complaints in line with the customer complaints policy.
- Provide support in updating and maintaining the website, intranet and social media accounts.
- Support the delivery of events, performing co-ordination and administrative functions.
- Provide cover or additional resources for other employees in the Section in respect of meeting deadlines or when additional resources need to be applied to any specific duty of the section/department.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs to include English Language and Maths (Grade C + OR ABOVE) or equivalent
- Have one year's administrative experience in a busy office environment , to include: the ability to deal efficiently with large volumes of work and prioritising demands
- A minimum of RSA Stage 2 (Parts 1 +2) Word Processing/OCR Level 2 (parts 1 +2) Text Processing or equivalent
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience supporting an events, communications or marketing function
This role is expected to last up to 9 months