Job Title: Health & Safety Advisor
The purpose of this role is to assist Group Ltd sites and personnel in ensuring that they are compliant with health and safety law and guidance and that all activities are carried out in line with the company's management systems and external obligations as a minimum.
- Working within the Regulatory Compliance team, the job will focus on the following areas:
- Provision of health and safety guidance, support and training to sites.
- Carrying out audits and supporting sites with remedial action plans arising from these audits.
- Carrying out investigation of accidents and incidents.
- Contributing to the development of the company's health and safety management system.
- The ability to think strategically while delivering in a timely fashion that ensures compliance with legal obligations is essential.
- The role will involve travel throughout the Republic of Ireland and the UK and will require overnight stays.
Key Success Criteria
Main success determinant will be the:
- Reduction in the number of accidents across the business in accordance with the company's management systems objectives and targets.
- Improvement in overall health and safety at sites as measured by audit findings.
Qualifications and Personal Competencies:
- Must hold a National General Certificate in Occupation Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a health and safety advisory role with knowledge of Republic of Ireland, English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland legislation and practice, preferably within the Waste Industry.
- Broad understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Compliance training and development experience.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Committed to compliance.
- Logical, concise, innovative thinker.
- Good understanding of health and safety related legislation affecting the business.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eligible to be a member of a professional institution.
Please forward your CV on-line for the attention of Joanne Duffy