Temporary Deputy Principal Solicitor required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP until March 2018
Monday-Friday = 36.5 hours per week
0-12 weeks pay rate: £12.00ph then increases from week 13+ £18.94ph
Duties will include:
- Processing and advising on adverse possession applications
- Providing general legal advice in relation to applications lodged at land registry
- Providing advice on rectification applications lodged at land registry.
- Liaising with Land Registry customers
- Drafting replies to complaints, Freedom of Information Enquiries, Private Office / Member of the Legislative Assembly enquiries
The Temporary Worker must possess the following qualifications, knowledge and skills:
- At least 2:2 honours degree in law; and
- Be a *solicitor or barrister entitled to practice in Northern Ireland by the date of appointment.
- *The Temporary Worker must be admitted as a solicitor or in the case of a barrister called to the Bar.
Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Conveyancing experience is essential
- Ability to plan and manage service delivery within available resources to ensure overall business objectives are met.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and groups.
- The ability to work flexibly within a pressurised environment to meet business requirements.
- Ability to analyse information on complex legal issues, apply sound judgement, make critical decisions, and influence and gain the commitment of others.
- Well developed communication skills (written and oral communication and computer literacy), including legal drafting skills and the ability to convey advice and information to non-specialists at all levels.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Clearance at the cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.