Temporary Deputy Principal Solicitor required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP for approx 6 months
37 hours per week
0-12 weeks pay rate: £12.00ph then increases from week 13+ £18.94ph
Duties will include:
- Contribute to legal advice and briefings provided by the legal team to the Chairman on issues relating to the work of the inquiry
- Assist in organising, sorting and dealing with large quantities of documents in accordance with established Inquiry protocols
- Assist in identifying further required documents
- Interview witnesses and draft witness statements as required
- Contribute to the legal team's work in relation to public funding
- Assist the legal team in responding to any communications from members of the public and legal representatives of interested parties in relation to legal issues arising in connection with the Inquiry
The Temporary Worker must possess the following qualifications, knowledge and skills:
- At least 2:2 honours degree in law; and
- Be a *solicitor or barrister entitled to practice in Northern Ireland by the date of appointment.
- *The Temporary Worker must be admitted as a solicitor or in the case of a barrister called to the Bar.
Professional Knowledge and Skills
- proven legal research and drafting skills and experience of providing legal advice or conducting litigation
- Ability to plan and manage service delivery within available resources to ensure overall business objectives are met.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and groups.
- The ability to work flexibly within a pressurised environment to meet business requirements.
- Ability to analyse information on complex legal issues, apply sound judgement, make critical decisions, and influence and gain the commitment of others.
- Well developed communication skills (written and oral communication and computer literacy), including legal drafting skills and the ability to convey advice and information to non-specialists at all levels.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Standard Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS MONDAY 10TH JULY AT 10AM**