Design Engineer (Junior)
Location: County Tyrone
Salary: £23,000 to £29,000 depending on experience
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit Design Engineers for a leading, global Engineering firm base0d in Co Tyrone. This position offers long term career aspirations with a company that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
These new positions have arisen through new product development and significant internal investment. The successful candidates will be deployed in the new "state of the art" facility based in County Tyrone and will have the opportunity to develop with the business for years to come.
Reporting to: Lead Engineer
Working with the relevant lead engineer, the Design Engineer will be responsible for the development of new and maintenance of existing designs, within defined timescales.
* Provide engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
* Produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
* To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to screens.
* Follow Group standards of in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing
* Follow Group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data
* Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability
* Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
* To investigate and address Customer Complaints in a timely manner.
* Drive standardization of components and sub-assemblies within screening products
* Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
* Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering, ideally with design experience.
* A minimum of 1 year post graduate experience in a similar role.
* Competent user of 3D Solid Modelling CAD, ideally Pro-Engineer and familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) systems
* A good understanding of the various applications that the equipment can operate in along with an appreciation for the expected performance of the machines.
* Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa 23-29k per annum depending on experience
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333 or 07976 985386.