Document Checker (Night Shift)
Part Time Permanent (£19,500 Pro-Rataed)
Belfast City Centre
Our client is based in Belfast city centre, and is the leading legal firm globally. Due to huge growth within the firm they are rapidly expanding and are looking for a motivated candidate to grow with them. To support their client's international strategies, they have built a truly global network which now spans across 44 offices in 31 countries including London, New York, South Africa and Shanghai. Opportunities may arise to travel to the London Firm. The document service's team is responsible for producing everything from lengthy legal documents to brochures and bespoke invitations for high - profile clients events.
As a document checker it will be your role to provide a timely and high quality document checking, copy editing and providing a proof reading service in accordance with the need of the departments clients.
The candidate must:
- Build strong internal relationships through a very proactive communication with the document centre.
- Build and Maintain good working relationships internally within the firm in Belfast branch but also in the London office.
- Build strong external relationship with the department's clients.
Responsibilities within the role:
- Working directly with clients liaising over instructions and clarifying queries as appropriate
- To proof-read documents, accurately and effectively, using the department's standardised marks on hard copy or to edit documents accurately on screen or listen to and check oral transcriptions if requested
- The organisation of day to day department work flow as follows:
- To book in work, following the agreed booking-in procedure. Clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as appropriately required with clients.
- Follow procedures to ensure clients are informed of any potential issues.
- To keep personal workload under active review and to advise Bridge, colleagues responsible for workflow, the department's clients or Supervisor immediately of any potential issues.
- To ensure time is recorded accurately using automated time recording software and enable the department to charge back work.
- To be flexible with regards to work location and working hours. It may sometimes be a requirement to work in the London office for special projects and meetings. Although training will be provided on shift whenever possible, it may sometimes be necessary to attend certain training courses off shift.
- Be fully flexible to undertake these duties and any other duties as required.
Hours of Work: Wednesday and Thursday 10.30pm - 9.00am
- Experience working on complex technical documents in client and deadline driven environment
- Eye for detail and computer literacy
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent client service skills
- Good organising skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Committed to personal development
- Legal, financial or similar professional proofreading services experience preferred
- A good team player
- Rate of pay £19,500 Pro Rataed with shift premium
- Full training provided
- Pension Scheme
- Subsidies gym membership
- Health Care Scheme
- Working with a global brand
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For consideration for the Document Checker please apply online for review. For any further details please call Katie Doyle 02890 242824.