Temporary Economist required for a local government organisation based in Bangor.
Starting ASAP potentially for 3 months
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm = 37 hours per week
Pay Rate 0-12 weeks £12.00ph then increases from week 13+ to £15.24ph
- Draw up a terms of reference for the development of the PPE for the relevant project;
- Gather the quantitative evidence needed to assess the performance of the project;
- The PPE report to be drafted should present the evidence on pre and post project performance and the PPE will define the rationale, strategic context, objectives of the project;
- Information on the effectiveness of project management to be outlined;
- Definition of the base case on what would have happened without the project should be presented;
- The information relating to outturn costs, risks, sources of funding, monetary and non monetary benefits should be assessed and compared with the position originally outlined in the project's business case;
Agency Workers must:
The post holder will be an Economist and have the minimum requirement for entry into that profession therefore apply (at least a second class honours degree or post graduate qualification in economics or in a subject where the study of economics is a major component).
The post holder ideally should also have:
- Experience writing post project evaluations;
- Experience of business case development;
- Have at least experience in the theory and practical use of economic concepts within the public sector such as economic appraisal and evaluation
- Be able to carry out a high standard of analysis and constructive thinking along with the ability to constructively challenge;
- Possess a high degree of numeracy;
- Be able to impart complex information, both verbally and in writing, and convey implications concisely to non-economists and those without technical understanding; and
- Have a high standard of computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition the post holder requires sound communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with colleagues within the Department.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.
**Please note the deadline for this position will close on Friday 21st April at 5pm**