Electrical Engineering Manager
My client are a leading Independent Energy Company in Ireland with over 650 staff between ROI & NI. They are now seeking to recruit an Electrical Engineering Manager to support the Head of Construction and manage all Electrical Engineering matters involved in the delivery of Renewables Projects from the tendering phase, through the construction phase until handover.
This role will see you working with many different Electrical Contracts, Turbine Suppliers, ESBN, Eirgrid, NIE, SONI and at voltages from 20kV to 120kV
The successful candidate will have 7-10 years minimum experience working within the Electrical Engineering discipline and wind farm experience would be an advantage
- Complete electrical design review to identify design gaps and deviations in the specifications
- Review of Employers Requirements for individual renewables projects and assistance with preparation of same for Tendering and Contract purposes
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay to maintain Project Programme
- Liaise with external consultants and review electrical technical submittals for use within CBoP, EBoP and Turbine Supply tender documents and final contract documents
- Attend monthly site meetings to ensure that progress of Electrical works is monitored and maintained within the overall construction program
- Review and answer technical questions from site during the construction and commissioning phases in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment
- Attend tender / client interviews
- Attend site inspection meetings
- Interface with Eirgrid, NIE and SONI with respect to initial dispatch tests on wind farms during commissioning phase and until maximum export capacity is achieved..
- Support the Head of Construction in all aspects of Project Delivery / Contract Management to ensure that renewables projects are delivered to specification, on programme and within budget.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Electrical Engineering qualification with a minimum of 7 years experience
- Proven experience in the design and construction of Electrical substations
- Proven experience in the design and constructions of wind farm electrical works packages
- Demonstrable experience of working on successful Renewables Projects
- Work for one or Ireland's top 50 places to work
- Work for one of Ireland's top 20 largest employers
- Attractive salary including company car, company phone, healthcare and pension
- Excellent career progression