Gas Service Engineer Belfast - Salary £19,500 - £21,500 per Annum
Our Client is the largest gas distribution business in Northern Ireland, being the owner and operator of the licence for the distribution network in the Greater Belfast area. Our Client is looking to recruit an Emergency Gas Service Engineer to join there team to provide 24/7 first response gas emergency service in line with business standards and safety procedures. The job holder will also be involved with the installation, repair and exchange of meters and other assets the company may have.
- Safely provide 24/7 first response gas emergency service in line with PNG & PES standard operating procedures and regulated standards of service.
- Undertake after-hour standby duties as per the programmed rota.
- Undertake all gas work in line with ACS, IGEM and all other relevant standards, in a safe and productive manor.
- Provide updates on all work related activities as required including documentation of all gas work undertaken and any unsafe situations encountered.
- Account and document all assets, materials and parts utilised in allocated activities.
- Maintain company provided vehicle, tools, equipment and PPE in good working order; reporting defects, accidents or loss when encountered.
- Comply with all HSE requirements of the business in order to maintain personal and public safety
- Deliver first class customer service at all times, promote and sell the products & services offered by PES and PNG
Maintain knowledge and experience by taking part in on-going training and development
- ACS - CCN1 and hold an NVQ in gas installation & maintenance or NVQ Plumbing or equivalent qualification. Desirable - Additional ACS Appliance qualification MET1, REGT1
- Essential - A minimum of 1 years post apprenticeship experience in domestic gas utilisation/or heating & plumbing including diagnostic skills with customer service experience.
- Desirable - Commercial Gas utilisation
- Essential - Good verbal and written communication as well as relevant IT skills. A professional and flexible approach is required along with a full driving licence.
For further information please contact Anita Magorrian on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.