Grafton HR is pleased to be working in partnership with a global financial services organisation based in Belfast, with the appointment of an Employee Relations Specialist job.
The Employee Relations Specialist will be a seasoned Human Resource Professional with extensive Employee Relations, Employment legislation (NI & GB) and Case management experience.
Working closely with HR Business Partners and business managers, the ER Specialist will work within the Employee Relations Operations Team, which is responsible for managing all individual employee relations issues in the UK including; End to end management of UK grievance, disciplinary and ethical concern issues and alternative dispute resolution interventions.
To ensure continued development, the company will offer the opportunity to obtain an externally accredited mediation qualification, access to Senior HR, Business Management and Legal counsel, to further develop an in-depth knowledge of ER and the opportunity to get involved in all elements of individual dispute resolution.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global business, with ongoing support and mentoring from the Senior HR team , market leading salary, bonus and benefits package, all housed within a state of the art work environment.
- Drive resolution of individual employee issues from initiation to closure
- Coordination and management of external investigators
- Provide dispute resolution policy information, expectation management and timely updates to all those involved
- Respond appropriately to verbal and written queries and concerns
- Liaise with internal and external legal counsel and Occupational Health where appropriate
- Liaise with the appropriate teams in order to manage any subject access requests related to managed cases
- Specify the content of written communications with parties involved in investigations, hearings and appeals
- Track issues from start to finish and maintain appropriate databases
- Timely investigation of issues including; background research, conducting investigation interviews with all parties and producing comprehensive and clear investigation reports on investigation findings
Hearings and Appeals
- Assist managers with the chairing of formal grievance and disciplinary hearings and appeals
- Provide advice and support on process / precedent to managers involved in grievance and disciplinary hearings and appeals
- Liaise with Business Partners to ensure recommendations
- Act as a champion for mediation
- Act as mediator in order to assist with the resolution of issues between individuals
Seasoned HR/ER Professionals with 3-5 years exp at Advisory or Business Partnering level
Strong NI & GB employment legislation exp
Case management from initiation to closure
Interested Employee Relations Specialists/Managers and HR Business Partners/Managers with strong ER and employment legislation exp should forward a CV immediately.
If you would like to discuss this Human Resource job in more detail, please contact Richard McFarland (Assoc. CIPD) on 07773197121
If this Human Resource job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other roles in HR, please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.
GRAFTON HR - CIPD Northern Ireland HEADLINE SPONSOR 2017