Employment Support Officer required on a temporary / Fixed term basis for a charitable organisation based in Belfast £11.52 p/h
Role: Employment Support Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.52 per hour
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hours: 35 hours per week. (Monday - Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm and Friday 8.30am - 3.15pm)
Duration: ASAP - until August 2016
- To support individuals with mental health needs find and sustain employment through the delivery of a comprehensive support package. In addition support and assistance will also be provided to employers.
- To co-ordinate appropriate training/counselling for clients on a group or individual basis as agreed with the Project Co-ordinator.
- To monitor a range of supports sub-contracted to other providers/partner organisations and ensure their compliance with the client guidelines.
- To take the lead role in client recruitment onto the Workable (NI) Programme and to facilitate the introduction of new clients to the programme.
- To ensure the completion of the Referral and Development Plan for clients registered on the programme.
- As part of the keyworker role to undertake ongoing assessment and review of individual client needs and facilitate/attend meetings with employee & employer when needed.
- To ensure adherence to relevant organisational and legislative requirements.
- To ensure that all aspects of legislative and organisational Health & Safety standards and requirements are maintained
- To ensure that, where any risk has been identified in relation to new or existing clients, a full risk assessment is carried out and appropriate follow up action is taken.
- To take part in supervision, appraisal and training as identified through the client's Staff Learning and Development Processes
- To take personal responsibility for continuing personal and professional development and maintain a current continuing professional development portfolio.
- A recruitment of supported Employment qualification
- Educated to NVQ, QCF Level 3 or equivalent
- Relevant experience of preparing individuals for employment and sourcing work for them
- Paid experience with working with people from disadvantage groups
- Current full driving licence and access to a car
- Good understanding and level of IT skills
- Evidence of experience of good organisational skills
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure check via Access NI
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE FRIDAY 9th September AT 10AM.