Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Programme Specialist for our client based in Dublin 4.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Programme Specialist to join their Grid Development and Interconnection Function.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and on-going management of a Multi-Year Delivery Programme
- Managing Grid Development interface internally with Regulatory Affairs and externally with the Regulatory Authorities. Coordinate responses to regulatory consultations.
- Responsibility for monitoring and reporting of capital expenditure to management.
- Coordinate capital expenditure reporting between the TSO and TAO, and ensure reporting is aligned with Regulatory requirements.
- Driving integration between GDI and Finance departments in relation to forecasting and tracking on project spend.
- Leading the development of a programme for delivering Grid Development cost efficiencies.
- Responsibility for transmission standard costs and transmission standard charging.
- Contributing to the implementation of recommendations from Outage Process Review.
- Development and implementation of procedures and systems.
- Liaising with the business as required to understand internal and external stakeholder needs and to guide, persuade and influence others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy.
- Representing company policy to external parties and stakeholders.
- Co-ordinating and reviewing the work of external consultants for projects as required.
- Identifying, evaluating and developing possible solutions to risks and issues arising on capital programme and escalating as necessary to senior members of the team and to the manager.
- Building effective relationships dealing with multiple stakeholders and managing customer interface including progress meetings, reporting, relationship management, coordination and general communication.
- Communicating improvements to current practices relating to organisational processes, new initiatives within the industry, and with key stakeholders.
- Supporting the manager and team lead in organising work to successfully deliver goals.
- Business, Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to lead and take responsibility for complex strategic change related projects.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate technical issues clearly and effectively.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical aspects of delivering capital projects on the transmission system and identify potential solutions to issues as they arise.
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders.
- Experience conceiving and introducing innovative ideas, solutions or new ways of doing things.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Commercial awareness with the ability to make decisions and recommendations in all aspects of a programme management.
- Excellent communication experience particularly in relation to dealing with third parties.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to understand and influence, where necessary, stakeholder requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- High level of computer literacy and a strong numeric ability.
- Full drivers licence.
- Excellent salary and benefits on offer
- Located in Dublin 4 close to all public transport
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have to tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 4505288.