Role: Temporary Energy Billing and Contract Manager
Duration: 6 months
Pay rate: £14.62 p/h
Service Delivery and Improvement
- The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of bill validation to ensure the correct energy and pass through charges have been used in the formulation of bills.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction through analysis of billing data.
- The post holder will be responsible for the consolidation of the billing information on a monthly basis and the input of data into the electricity reporting tool.
- The post holder will be required to Monitor Wholesale Electricity and Gas prices and to assess the impact on cost and to liaise with the Electricity Procurement Project Team on buying decisions.
- The post holder will work closely with Finance and Regulation in the completion of budgeting and forecasting tasks and will partner in the management of the bill payment process.
Legislation & Regulation
- Develop an understanding of Energy and Carbon legislative compliance, reporting, auditing (internal and external), and preparation or input into the delivery of relevant Board and EC papers.
- Responsibility for responses through the Energy Manager on queries relating to electricity contracts and billing.
- Lead on the identification, assessment and application of new cost components within the total unit cost and the understanding of the impact of changes within the existing cost structure.
- The post holder will be responsible for any preparation required from the introduction of the iSEM (integrated Single Energy Market) and any changes to billing or retail electricity products/tariffs.
- Work closely with electricity suppliers to ensure that billing is accurate and timely and that contract obligations are being met.
- The post holder will be responsibility for all aspects of liaison with the NIE including connection agreements and meter readings and repairs.
- Responsible for the provision of information to the Energy/ Carbon Manager in response to consultations on energy and carbon papers and proposed legislation on behalf of client.
- Participate as required in the Electricity Procurement Project Team/Board.
- Represent client on local Energy management forums.
- Engage with all key staff in energy management up to Director level to build effective working relationships.
- Assist on the delivery of Energy Carbon Efficiency Accreditation process to ensure compliance and accreditation to the Carbon Trust Standard or similar standard such as ISO 50001.
- Management of the Electricity reporting tool to ensure that consolidation files and reports generated are accurate.
- Ensure that the monthly electricity usage reports are populated and distributed to functions.
- Responsibility for the development of Energy Team Data capture, automation and reporting.
- Support the Energy/ Carbon Manager in ensuring the accuracy of the Departmental and Legislative Energy and Carbon Returns.
- Responsible for the development of Energy team function reports that will assist field managers understanding of the implication of activities on energy consumption.
- Provide support to energy users in the interpretation of energy reports and advice on how this information can be used to drive efficiencies.
- Provide data to assist in the verification of benefits delivered through energy efficiency projects.
- The post-holder will be responsible for the identification and capture and consolidation of all energy data and billing.
- A 3rd Level qualification AND at least 2 years' experience in either the management of contracts or management of data OR at least 4 years' experience in either the management of contracts or management of data
- Experience in compiling management information to communicate performance.
- Excellent data analysis skills with a working knowledge of excel/data manipulation, interpretation and presentation.
- An understanding of the various types of processes in the clients estate and the impact on electricity consumption.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills e.g. compiling reports and communicating with internal/external stakeholders both verbal and written.
- Experience of Microsoft office suite of applications to include word, excel and access and corporate IT systems such as GIS oracle etc.
If interested and you meet all the criteria please upload cv's to the link and Sinead McGivern will be in touch if shortlisted
Please note successful candidate will be required to complete a Basic Access NI security check