Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Energy Efficiency Advisor to start ASAP until the end of March 2018.
Role: Energy Efficiency Advisor
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.08 p/h
13+ week's £10.60p/h
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, Monday- Friday
- To raise awareness of the issues of fuel poverty across the community, voluntary, statutory and private sectors.
- To develop links and publicise the service offered with local health professionals, Councillors and Council staff, voluntary, community, statutory and private sectors.
- To establish referral mechanisms in line with those established by the Fuel Poverty Strategy Co-ordinator and other NIfHP Fuel Poverty Workers and to provide information and support to key stakeholders on how to refer people to appropriate advice and support services.
- To support the work of the Ballymoney Warmer Homes Group in taking forward the implementation of the locally agreed action plan and to assist the Fuel Poverty Strategy Co-ordinator to encourage the establishment of similar groups in Coleraine and Ballycastle.
- To undertake assessments and provide direct support (including home visits) to people living in fuel poverty through energy efficiency advice, referrals to grant schemes or to other relevant agencies.
- To deliver awareness raising programmes, seminars, informal talks on fuel poverty, grant schemes, energy efficiency and renewable technologies to groups and organisations throughout the voluntary, community, statutory and private sectors.
- To liaise and form links with local community centres and networks and to support local initiatives such as community health information days.
- To collate information on energy efficiency, grants and renewable technologies from relevant agencies and distribute same.
- To keep up-to-date with current energy saving initiatives and fuel poverty schemes, undertake training as necessary and be prepared to study for the C&G 6176 Energy Awareness Certificate.
- To liaise with the NIfHP's Fuel Poverty Strategy Co-ordinator in monitoring and evaluating activities relating to the post.
Applicants must possess:
- A third level qualification eg. HNC/HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree, Post-graduate Certificate/Diploma and at least one year's experience in one of the following fields: energy; community and voluntary sector; consumer advice; education; housing; health or social services
- At least three year's experience in one of the following fields: energy, community and voluntary sector; consumer advice; education; housing; health or social services.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience of working to assist development within communities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrating a capacity to communicate with a range of audiences and ability to produce clear and concise written reports.
- Good networking skills and ability to work with a range of agencies.
- A full current driving license which enables the holder to drive in Northern Ireland and access to a car or access to a form of transport which will enable the post holder to carry out the duties of the post in full.
- Have a community development, health or energy efficiency qualification, e.g. NEA/City & Guilds 6176 Energy Awareness.
- Experience of developing and delivering training programmes.
- Experience of developing and implementing community based projects.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.