Enforcement Officer required in Downpatrick Co.Down. Immediate start to 30th September 2016. 37 hours per week (on a shift basis) Monday - Friday.
The post holder will be responsible for the effective and efficient fulfilment of the client's statutory duties with regard to the enforcement of all relevant legislation. The post holder will be required to liaise with personnel from relevant agencies to deliver a service which aims to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour in Newry, Mourne and Down area.
- Undertake high visibility, directed foot patrols to deter and detect anti-social behaviour including joint PSNI/DDC night time patrols.
- Enforce relevant sections of legislation including the Litter (NI) Order, The Pollution Control and Local Government (NI) Order, Street Trading Act (NI), Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) (NI) Order, the Dogs (NI) Order, Council By-Laws and any other legislation, in so far as it may relate to the functions of the post. Such enforcement should include the issuing of fixed penalty fines as and when appropriate.
- To gather evidence, produce witness statements, interview under PACE and attend court as necessary in the enforcement of relevant legislation and byelaws.
- Assist other statutory bodies, including the PSNI, through recording, reporting and storing incident data on criminal and nuisance activity/incidents affecting the health and safety of the public e.g., private/industrial waste, criminal damage, anti-social behaviour, noise pollution etc.
- Act on enquiries/complaints of alleged anti-social behaviour e.g., noise, consumption of liquor in designated places etc. Making appropriate referrals to the relevant agencies.
- Deal with requests for information and enquiries from the public and other agencies on all matters relating to the functions of the post. Maintain records and compile statistical returns and reports as required.
- Respond to referrals/complaints from relevant statutory agencies, resident/community groups or individuals and report back as appropriate.
- Develop and deliver relevant educational programmes, publicity materials, special projects and events. Also to review and update these programmes where necessary.
- Work with the local community in addressing anti-social behaviour. Attend and contribute to meetings as directed. Provide information and guidance to the community.
- Encourage, implement and support an interagency problem solving approach, liaising with various bodies and organisations
- To contribute to Corporate, Departmental and Regional working groups as required.
- To assist with the implementation of the client's Emergency Plan when required
- To ensure that corporate policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- 4 GCSE's (including English and Maths) or equivalent - Essential Criteria
- Experience of carrying out investigations and preparing reports for Management - Essential Criteria
- Experience of Inter-Agency i.e. PSNI, NIHE or Community Development work - Desirable Criteria
- Experience of lone working - Desirable Criteria
- At least 1years' experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Enforcement of legislation - Essential Criteria
- Crime Prevention - Essential Criteria
- Active involvement in Community Liaison groups - Essential Criteria
- Recent knowledge of typical anti-social behaviour issues within Northern Ireland - Essential Criteria
- Legislation relevant of the role - Desirable Criteria
- Good interpersonal skills - Essential Criteria
- Proven negotiation skills - Essential Criteria
- Good oral and written communication skills - Essential Criteria
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimum, direct, supervision - Essential Criteria
- Proactive approach to your work - Essential Criteria
- A current driving licence or access to transport to meet the requirements of the post - Essential Criteria
- The ability to work on rota which included evenings, weekends and bank holidays as required - Essential Criteria
- The ability to work flexible hours depending on service requirements - Essential Criteria
If you meet all of the above criteria and available for this temporary role, please submit your cv to email@example.com by Friday 29th April 2016 @ 3.00pm. CV's submitted after this time will not be considered.