Job Title Studies Engineer/Analyst
The Client: Grafton Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide.
We currently have a vacancy for a Studies Engineer/Analyst for maternity cover with the possibly for longer term opportunities
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Committed to delivering high quality services to all customers, including generators, suppliers and consumers, across the high voltage electricity system and via the efficient operation of the wholesale power market. It puts in place the grid infrastructure needed to support competition in energy, to promote economic growth, to facilitate more renewable energy, and to provide essential services.
The Role: A Senior Engineer role has opened up in the Innovation team. This role is to complement the Innovation team in delivering on project and implementation aspects of the broad Innovation Programme. The role requires someone who has a proven record of solving problems, excellent interpersonal skills and is capable of working in a high paced challenging environment.
- Responsible for carrying out work including studies, project, and operational policy development.
- Working closely with colleagues across SONI TSO businesses to ensure common direction/approach in terms of studies
- Review and update internal procedures and operational policies to ensure where appropriate best practice is followed and maintained.
- Assist in determining project objectives and outlines project requirements.
- Responsible for delivering completed works to a required timeline
- Covers a wide range of activities that require considered judgement based on analytical thought. Problems may require an innovative approach
Hours of work: 36.25 hour week
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Typically 3 to 4 years relevant experience
- Good technical skills and knowledge
- Appreciation of energy policy objectives and legislation in Europe
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- The ability to make decisions and recommendations in a changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to lead and take responsibility for small/medium projects
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A dynamic and flexible work ethic.
- Good technical knowledge of electrical power systems
An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company.
Possibility to apply for longer term opportunities within the company.
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.