Salary: negotiable plus benefits package
My client is one of Ireland's most successful and innovative Food/FMCG manufacturers and is a global leader in their industry. They have a current opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join their Senior Leadership Team on a permanent basis.
This business operate one of Ireland's most advanced Lean & CI Engineering environments and are looking for a forward thinking Engineering Manager to continue to take further steps forward in regards to operational equipment efficiency, maintenance management, energy management & asset management.
Reporting to the Plant Manager.
This key position provides leadership and direction to the engineering department. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the Engineering budget spend decisions, site capital planning, capital project identification, process optimisation, energy management and maintenance delivery on site.
- Delivery of the maintenance asset care program and all maintenance works on site.
- Support the engineering team and apply technical skills and ingenuity to the permanent correction of issues, modifications and NPI requirements into the process or equipment as necessary in a timely manner to ensure the business can deliver product to its customers on time at the highest quality.
- Responsible for developing the site Engineering budget for approval and managing site engineering budget costs to meet the approved engineering budget targets.
- Identifies and assesses the Criticality of plant, equipment and systems on a regular basis and adjusts the site engineering strategy to ensure an efficient and effective Plant and department operation.
- Manages and implements the spare parts holding policy for the site ensuring the optimum stock holding.
- Responsible for meeting predefined KPI targets.
- Responsible for managing purchasing of non-product items/ spare parts on site
- Responsible for ensuring that company QSHE policies and standards are implemented and adhered to on site by the engineering department and any external services/contractors utilised by engineering.
- Responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and adherence to local, national, regional engineering statuary and/or compliance requirements including the adherence to company procedures, regional and/or global standards. Ensures that equipment and processes are operated to and maintained within their safe design operating limits in a way that avoids danger to personnel, the public or company property.
- Degree Process, Manufacturing, Engineering or related processed based engineering.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a large scale process industry (food desirable).
- Experience within a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal Skills.
- Food related automation/process control technology advances/ equipment design & applications
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333