Location: County Antrim
Salary: 30-40k negotiable plus benefits
My client is a leading local business within the FMCG/Manufacturing market place and they are currently seeking an Engineering Maintenance Manager to join the team. The Co Antrim based site is a highly automated environment with a 15 person, skilled Maintenance team. The ideal candidate will come from an Engineering background with experience driving continuous improvement initiatives and with the ability to assess and maintain operation equipment effectiveness and schedule planned and reactive maintenance.
Reporting to the Operations Director
- Lead the improvement of departmental efficiencies, guaranteeing that all planned/preventative maintenance and compliance requirements are met, with a focus on minimising production downtime
- Demonstrate excellent people management via successful change management; communication; appraisals and management of performance within the Engineering department.
- Oversee and control work instructions for all planned maintenance tasks completed by the Engineering team.
- Deliver effective communication with all internal/external stakeholders - e.g. Production; Planning; Quality; Finance etc.
- Control all maintenance purchases in line with the Engineering Budget.
- Provide regular detailed project reports to the Operations Director highlighting areas of concern and advising.
- Agree and manage departmental KPI scores to drive meaningful improvement.
- Demonstrate due regard for the Environmental, Health and Safety Management system via completion of risk assessments; regular general area and workshop inspections; PPE adherence; energy conservation and recycling processes
- Complete departmental training needs analysis/requirements in conjunction with the HR Manager and support the development of Standard Operating Procedures
- 3rd Level qualification (HND or above) in an Engineering related discipline
- 3+ years' experience in an engineering role within a manufacturing environment, to include successful management of a maintenance team
- Credibility and interpersonal capability to build and maintain strong internal/external relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience within a food or BRC accredited environment.
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333