Engineering Support Team Leader (Pharma)
Are you a "Hands on" Engineer with experience in leading a team along with the ability to maximise machine reliability and throughput while supporting new projects? I am seeking a self-starter with the initiative to drive a team of engineers forwards in a cooperative yet assertive manner. You will have the ability to synthesise information from various sources, analyse and decide upon a course of action.
- Conduct site walk-downs to identify and analyse corrective / preventative maintenance or modifications weekly.
- Spot check Engineers paperwork and ensure all is correct.
- Assisting the apprentice on his project work.
- Ensure the team has carried out their planned tasks.
- Monitor employee's work levels and review work performance on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that there is the correct stock levels required for the work in the stores or delegate to the appropriate team member.
- Ensure all team members are up to date on their safety training.
- Assisting fully to complete validation. Delegate to sufficient team members if necessary.
- Attend meetings delegated from the Engineering Manager.
- Assist the Engineering manager / Chief Engineer in various projects.
- Train team members where the Engineering Manager feels necessary or delegate to the appropriate Engineer.
- Assist the Engineering Manager with feedback for employee reviews.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in any tasks required.
- In the absence of the Engineering Manager plan shifts with the Chief Engineer for the team (shift cover).
- Ensure C.A.P.A.s are complete
- Ensure team's time keeping is punctual and report any issues.
- Chair the morning communication meeting.
- Assist in the investigation of deviations and report feedback to the Manager.
- Assist or delegate an Engineer to assist in the validation of equipment.
- Compile work for shutdown and ensure all parts required for work are on site.
- Ensure shift cover for High Potent Site
- Ad hoc duties to suit the business requirement.
- Proven Mentoring and Coaching Skills
- Highly motivated with proven ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Engineering qualification
- Experience in a high volume automated packaging industry in the Pharma / Food industry though not essential will be an advantage
- Shifts will be two twelve hour shifts 7am - 7pm normally Monday and Tuesday but flexible dependent upon the needs of the company. Three shifts normally Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 7am - 3:30pm