Temporary Environmental Administration Assistant required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Newtownards for 13 weeks at £7.05 (under 25) or £7.50 (over 25) per hour.
Role: Environmental Administration Assistant
Rate of Pay: £7.05 (under 25) or £7.50 (over 25) per hour
Hours: 21.5 hours per week - Wednesday, Thursday 7.25 hours & Friday 7 hours
Duration: 13 weeks (may be extended)
- General administration including word processing, audio typing, maintenance of spreadsheets and databases, central and localised filing systems and dealing with general enquiries from the public.
- General secretarial/administrative support to the designated line manager.
- Processing of financial systems and cash handling.
- Processing of ICT systems and/or programmes.
- Collate and produce management information and reports as directed. Attending meetings to formally record minutes.
- Monitor inventories and carry out stock checks as requested. Assist in purchasing and the preparation of quotations.
- Deal with complaints in line with the customer complaints policy.
- Provide support in updating and maintaining the website.
- Provide cover or additional resources for other employees in the section in respect of meeting deadlines or when additional resources need to be applied to an specific duty of the section.
- To comply with and promote equality, health and safety in accordance with policies and legal requirement.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with general nature of the post.
- 5 GCSE's (grade C or above), or equivalent
- 2 year's relevant administration experience in each of the following: Dealing with the public by phone and in person, Word processing, Data input & Record keeping
- Experience of using computer software including Microsoft Office
- RSA/OCR Stage 2 Typewriting/Word processing or similar qualification
- Maintenance of spreadsheets and databases
- Use of mail merge
- Financial administration and cash handling
- Experience in taking minutes
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kirsty Tomlinson will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE THURSDAY 20TH APRIL 2017 AT 12PM