Environmental Health & Safety Manager
An opportunity exists for a full-time, maternity cover, Environmental Health & Safety Manager, reporting to the Plant Director, to join our state of the art plant in Derry, Londonderry.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will be accountable for leading the Company drive towards a zero accident culture. Additionally, the Environmental Health and Safety Manager will be accountable for ensuring that legislation is complied with in planning, implementing, and reviewing the health, safety and environmental strategies and associated actions of The Company.
- Development and continual enhancement of Environmental, Health and Safety management systems.
- Implementation of initiatives to secure absolute Environmental, health and safety procedure compliance.
- Comprehensive investigation of accidents/near misses to determine and prevent recurrence.
- Compliance with all Environmental, Health and Safety legislative requirements including recording, reporting and investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Drive initiatives whilst working within a matrix structure interfacing across all levels of the business to improve Health & Safety and minimise Environmental footprint and liability.
- Completion of risk assessments and identification of appropriate controls.
- Provision of progress reports, as appropriate, to Corporate and Site management and employees relative to Environmental, Health and Safety goals, metrics and other performance indicators.
- Environmental, Health & Safety audits and inspections.
- Minimum two years' manufacturing experience working as a Health and Safety Manager.
- N.E.B.O.S.H. Diploma or Degree in a Health and Safety related discipline or similar.
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting and applying Health & Safety legislation and policy.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Excellent IT skills including use of MS Office.
- IEMA Certified Internal Environmental Auditor.
- Experience in Behavioural Safety Program Deployment
- Experience working in a Health and Safety role involving Environmental responsibility
- Experience working within a global Company.
- Manual Handling Train the Trainer experience.
For further information or to apply please contact James Manley at Grafton Engineering Recruitment on 07977 500956 or 02890 323333.