Our Public Sector in the Newtownabbey area are now recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer.
Environmental Health Officer
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
As a member of the Environmental Health Team you will be expected to contribute to the delivery of Environmental Health Services which are customer focused , innovative and best value for money.
- A minimum of 6 months relevant postgraduate experience.
- Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health, which entitles you to Graduate or Corporate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current Environmental Health Legislation.
- Knowledge of the issues facing Local Government in Northern Ireland and the public's expectations of regulatory services.
- Will be able to personally contribute to the organisations vision and goals and display drive and determination towards achieving high quality results.
- Develop a positive working environment and build an effective team which achieves results whilst encouraging and supporting individuals.
- Effectively demonstrate communication skills
- To actively listen and use variety of sources to convey messages clearly and succinctly.
Problem solving/Decision Making:
- Identifies a range of perspectives on a situation while considering implications and consequences before making a realistic and practical decision.
- Concentrates on the key issues rather on the symptoms and encourages different ways of looking at issues.
Team Working :
- Establishes effective working relationships with people at all levels through communication, consultation and effective interpersonal skills.
- Ensures effective working relationships are also established and maintained with others, displaying ability to quickly resolve conflict.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the big picture including strategies and the way they are developed to achieve goals.
- Translates strategic aims and objectives into operational plans and activities, identifying implications for his/her team.
- Ability and determination to achieve customer and community focus to improve their quality of life.
- Focuses on the achievement of objectives and plans ahead in order to ensure that organisational, team and individual goals are achieved.
- Displays good time management skills, monitors progress and incorporates flexibility into plans.
- Full current driving licence and / or access to a form of transport to enable the duties of the post to be carried out in full is essential.
For candidates suitable for the post and for full job description forward your CV to Carla @Grafton Recruitment or call 02825642699 for more details.