Our Client, a large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Environmental Health Officer to start ASAP
Role: Environmental Health Officer
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £13.56 p/h
13+ week's £15.20 p/h
Location: Riada House - Ballymoney
Hours: 37 hours per week
To protect Public Health within statutory frameworks by carrying out programmed, reactive and initiative based work in the fields of:
- Food Safety - Food Hygiene and Food Standards(c)
- Pollution Control
- Health and Safety at Work
- Consumer Protection
- Public Health
- Health & Wellbeing
- To undertake the inspection of commercial and domestic premises; investigate complaints; to enforce relevant statutory provisions and to provide advice and make recommendations to public, commercial and governmental organisations on a disparate range of Environmental Health issues and to make recommendations to the Head of Health & Built Environment
Applicants must possess 1 of the following:
The Diploma in Environmental Health of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board (or its historical predecessors);
1.b. A Certificate of Registration issued by the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board to persons holding a recognised Degree in Environmental Health or Science awarded by an educational establishment in Northern Ireland, England or Wales, or equivalent;
1.c. A Certificate of Registration issued by the Environmental Health Officer's Registration Board to persons holding a recognised qualification in Environmental Health from any other member state of the European Community who have, in addition, successfully completed an adaption period of three years or an aptitude test as required by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health in its capacity as a designated Authority under the European Communities (Recognition of Professional Qualifications) Regulations 1991 (Stat. Instrument No. 824/1991).
Demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of current environmental issues.
Demonstrate good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate both verbally and in report form.
Demonstrate an awareness of the nature of environmental health and consumer protection services and of the public's expectations of such services.
- Post qualifying experience in the field of Environmental Health.
- Corporate or Graduate membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Officers.
- Possession of additional qualifications i.e. Lead Assessor, HACCP Certificates, etc.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.