- To manage the delivery of surveys, designs, drawings, budgets, specifications PQQ, ITT and other tender documentation for maintenance work to be performed by both "in house" and external contractors. Technical Officers will work within budget and time constraints to provide an appropriate technical service from the referral stage through to completion of works.
- Working in conjunction with the Estates Area Managers, ensure surveys with reports are provided in a timely manner when maintenance concerns are raised.
- Post holder will also input into the creation and maintenance of a database of Condition Surveys/Reports for all Council Assets.
- Collaborate with the Assets Officer ensuring the Estates Facilities Management database is continually updated, listing all items of maintenance work undertaken
- Manage the process of applying for appropriate statutory approvals including planning permissions, building regulations and NIEA approvals etc. In addition, liaising with other agencies will be essential - including NIE, NIFRS and NI Water etc.
- In collaboration with Estates Area Managers, ensure maintenance works by external contractors and in-house works are managed to completion. Facilitate and record project meetings including budget management and programming.
- Ensure that, during construction and on completion, projects are designed and built to comply with Regulations (eg. Building Regulations, Health & Safety Regulations).
- Collaborate with Council facility managers/operators regarding project and maintenance issues, ensuring timely delivery with minimal impact on staff or users.
- Manage small public realm assets from procurement through life cycle maintenance - including, for example, public art works etc.
- Produce periodic analysis reports on all works with associated costs, utilising the Estates Facilities Management System. Manage the preparation of reports for the Area Manager.
- As part of the technical support team ensure that a planned annual programme of works for building, mechanical and electrical related assets is undertaken, to meet legislative and consumer driven maintenance across Councils facilities and property portfolio. Work closely with other departments to understand maintenance and improvement requirements and to advise facility/operator managers on best solution.
To apply for this role please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org