Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require an Events Assistant to start ASAP
Role: Events Assistant
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.50 p/h
13+ week's £9.37p/h
Hours: 37 hrs per week + evenings and weekends when required
- To assist the Events Officer in organising and implementing a full range of events and seasonal programmes.
- To assist the Events Officer in identifying new events.
- In the absence of the Events Officer delegate tasks to and supervise staff involved in events.
- To assist in the administration of Grants and assist voluntary and community groups in the running of a wide range of events.
- To assist in seeking sponsorship, financial or other forms of support towards events.
- To assist in seeking grant assistance for events from different departments or other relevant bodies.
- To assist in media coverage and ensuring that appropriate publicity and information is provided to the public on events.
- To assist in the designing and production of posters, flyers, tickets and adverts for events.
- To deal with event enquiries from the general public.
- To collect money at and attend events as required.
- To assist the Events Officer in carrying out post-event evaluations.
- To undertake any other relevant duties which may be assigned including working in other sections or Departments.
Essential Criteria :
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grade A - C ) or equivalent.
Experience of :
- Organising and delivering an event/s
- Using Microsoft Office full suite of products
- Dealing with the general public
- Experience of working in a team
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and external event providers
- Previous cash handling experience
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.